Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you found your way here.
Here's a little bit about me:
I'm Bryan Koen. I work in IT and am based in St. Louis, MO...home of the Cardinals, Blues and soon....St. Louis City SC.
I have been married to Cara for the past 20+ years. We're in the middle of raising 4 kids. One in college, one in high school, and two still in grade school.
In my free time, I enjoy:
- Genealogy - alhtough at the moment I am taking a break.
- Music - I have a broad a varied taste. I play keyboard and would like to write something at some point.
- Beer - There aren't too many IPAs that I don't care for.
- Bourbon - Yes, I enjoy brown liquor from time to time.
I've built my career around the operations side of IT. Currently, I work with Ansible to automate various aspects of my employers applications and lead a team of 5 folks to do the same.
There's a crazy part of me that would like to move into software development. Although most of my background is with Python, I am interested in Java, Rust, and Go to name a few languages.
What you'll find here
By and large, most of the content here will be around my own explorations and learning. Over time, I hope that focus areas will begin to emerge. I am using this blog as vehicle to learn and build in public.
What you won't find here
- Literary prose (although I'd like to write a book sometime)
- Poetry (well maybe there will be poetry, but I can't promise it will be good.)
- Knitting or Crochet patterns
- Breaking news
Anyway...thanks again for stopping by.
Let me know how I can be of service.